There is an extraordinary television programme broadcasting in Denmark at the moment. Called Blachman, it features the eponymous host and a friend sitting in a darkly lit room. On their command, women are ushered in and take off their robes.
You can tell whether some misogynistic societal pressure is being exerted on women by calmly enquiring, ‘And are the men doing this, as well?’ If they aren’t, chances are you’re dealing with what we strident feminists refer to as ‘some total fucking bullshit’. — Caitlin Moran (via w3lc0m3-to-h3ll)
It’s not even politeness. I won’t allow you to be my bitches. I think it sets feminism back so many notches. You are… Cumberpeople. — Benedict Cumberbatch (in an interview with Caitlin Moran), being the most amazing man alive (via cocoajones)
Caitlin. Ink on paper. 8”x8”. 2013
65 Books You Need To Read In Your 20s -
The books that will move you, inspire you, make you cry, make you think, make you laugh. Even if you read them in high school or college, you’ll have a different perspective on them now that yo…
FuckyeahCaitlinMoran is on Buzzfeed. HELLO, PROCRASTINATORS!
The motto I have penned on my knuckles is that this is the best world we have — because it’s the only world we have. It’s the simplest math ever. However many terrible, rankling, peeve-inducing things may occur, there are always libraries. And rain-falling-on-sea. And the moon. And love. There is always something to look back on, with satisfaction, or forward to, with joy. — Moranthology, Caitlin Moran (via authorstalker)
Because Caitlin Moran’s article is the best thing ever and I want her to write a book about Benedict, I decided to do a giveaway of The Times Magazine on Saturday with Benedict on the cover. If you want to have your own copy to drool/cry/obsess over but were not able to buy it this is your chance. Benedict talks about Star Trek Into Darkness and Sherlock and his mother is angry with him because he has not yet found a “bird”.
- I will give away two copies of the magazine and the front page of the Times on Saturday.
- The two winners will be chosen randomly and I will send them an ask, which means that your askbox should be open.
- If you do not answer for three days, I will choose another winner.
- You can reblog as often as you like but I think that tumblr only counts you once. No likes, please.
- The deadline to reblog is the 26th May.
- I ship everywhere, even to Narnia. Which also means, that you have to give me your address.
- Of course, I would be happy to get new followers but if you only want the magazine and don’t like my blog that’s okay as well.
- Good luck!